Ruby Almond London (Phoon Huat X All Things Delicious)
Biscuits & Cookies
|350 gm||Redman Plain Unbleached Flour||104216|
|125 gm||Redman Icing Sugar||9793|
|1/2 + 1/4 tsp||Salt||58415|
|50 gm||RedMan Almond Ground Natural||66396|
|250 gm||RedMan Unsalted Butter, cold 2cm cubes||68328|
|1 pc||RedMan Egg, room temperature||12088|
|200 pcs||Wise Choice Dry Roasted Almonds Whole||65563|
|300 gm||Callebaut Ruby Chocolate, melt and temper 300g (200g + 100g) at a time||107177|
|RedMan Edible Sprinkles Pearl Gold||107334|
|Small Paper Cups|
- Pre-heat oven to 160˚C.
- Using a food processor, blend all the dry ingredients of the biscuit until combined. Add the cold cubes of butter and pulse and blend until mixture resembles bread crumbs. Add the egg and blend until the dough comes together. Remove dough from the food processor.
- Make about 4g dough balls, flatten and press a roasted whole almond in the centre of the dough. Seal the almond and place on a baking tray. Refrigerate the prepared biscuits for about 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake in a slow oven for about 20-25 minutes until the bottom of the cookie is a light golden colour. Let the biscuits cool completely. In the meantime, you can prepare the Ruby Chocolate.
- I like to temper small quantities of chocolate with the microwave, 300g at a time. Weigh 200g of Ruby Chocolate into a medium glass bowl. Weigh another 100g of Ruby Chocolate in a smaller bowl.
- Microwave the 200g of chocolate on high heat in the microwave first for about 40 seconds and stop. Remove from the microwave oven and stir well to prevent the chocolate from burning. Repeat microwaving (and stirring) for shorter time intervals. Stop microwaving once you have only small bits of unmelted chocolate left in the bowl – bits that can be melted by just stirring them together. Keep stirring until it’s all completely melted. Then add all of the reserved 100g of Ruby Chocolate. Continue stirring until everything has melted completely and the chocolate is nice, smooth and glossy. The chocolate should be ready for coating the biscuits. If you need more information on tempering Ruby Chocolate, head over to the Callebaut YouTube channel for in-depth instructional videos. I’ve used chopsticks here to dip the cooled biscuits and place it into small paper cups. Decorate with Redman Edible Sprinkles in Pearl Gold.
- Leave to cool and set before storing these pink goodies in an air-tight container.