Mont Blanc Chestnut Shortcake
7 inch Round Cake
|3 no.||RedMan Egg||12088|
|96 gm||RedMan Fine Sugar||1416|
|15 gm||RedMan Honey||56144|
|30 gm||Conaprole UHT Full Cream Milk||57095|
|90 gm||RedMan Cake Flour (Sifted)||1208|
|30 gm||Clement Fauguer Chestnut Puree||63290|
|5 gm||RedMan Butter (Melted)||68328|
- Melt the butter in a microwave, then stir in the chestnut puree.
- Whisk up the egg, sugar and honey until thick ribbon consistency.
- Microwave the milk until warm and slowly whisk it into the egg mixture.
- Gently fold in the sifted flour followed by the melted butter.
- Pour the batter into a 6 inch baking tin and bake at 165 degree celsius for about 20 to 25 mintues.
|75 gm||RedMan Fine Sugar||1416|
- In a pot, bring the sugar and water to a boil.
- Transfer the syrup into a bowl and set aside to cool completely before use.
|500 gm||Grand Fermage 35% Whipping Cream||58611|
|50 gm||RedMan Icing Sugar||1410|
- In a stand mixer, whisk up both ingredients until soft peaks.
- Keep the chantilly cream chilled before use.
|200 gm||Clement Fauguer Chestnut Puree||63290|
|20 gm||Grand Fermage 35% Whipping Cream||58611|
|20 gm||RedMan Icing Sugar||1410|
|1 tsp||RedMan Vanilla Extract||64732|
- Combine all the ingredients into a stand mixing bowl.
- Beat using a paddle attachment until combined.
- Pass the chestnut cream through a sieve to get rid of any large chestnut bits.
- Transfer 1/3 into a piping bag with a Mont Blanc piping tip and the other 2/3 in a bowl. Leave in the fridge to chill for at least 30 min.
- Pipe the chilled chestnut cream onto a tray lined with baking paper. Use a 8cm cookie cutter to mark a circle of chestnut cream then place in the freezer to harden. Once frozen, remove gently and place on finished shortcake to decorate.
- Slice the sponge into 3 even layers.
- Place the sponge onto a turntable and brush lightly with syrup.
- Whisk up a portion of the whipped cream until stiff peaks, and spread an even layer onto the sponge.
- Spread half of the chestnut cream onto the cream and sprinkle some roasted chestnuts.
- Spread a thin layer of the stiff cream on top.
- Place the 2nd layer of sponge on top and brush lightly with syrup.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 again.
- Crumb coat the entire cake with the stiff whipped chantilly cream.
- Using the soft peak whipped chantilly cream, coat the entire cake.
- Decorate with the decorative chestnut cream disc and whole chestnuts.