Hazella Cheesecake (Phoon Huat X All Things Delicious)
|452 gm||American Heritage cream cheese, at room temperature||104223|
|100 gm||Redman Fine Sugar||1416|
|200 gm||Redman Hazella||104966|
|1 tsp||RedMan Vanilla Paste||67817|
|3 tbsp||RedMan whipping Cream||106311|
|2 pcs||RedMan Egg (Large), at room temperature||12088|
|100 gm||Redman Hazella, additional for swirling||104966|
- Pre-heat your oven to 180˚C.
- Butter and line a 9” square baking tin with parchment paper all the way up the tin.
- Using a food processor, place broken up pieces of digestives and start blending until completely sandy in texture. Add the chopped hazelnuts and blend again until just combined. Add the melted butter and blend until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Pour out the crumbs into the prepared tin and pat down with something flat. I’ve use the bottom of a drinking glass. Leave aside.
- Using a mixer with paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese until slightly fluffy, for about a minute. Add sugar, Hazella and vanilla paste and beat on slow speed for about 2-3 minutes. Don’t forget to stop and scrape the sides of the mixer bowl.
- With the mixer still running, add whipping cream and then increase the mixer speed to medium. Add eggs, open at a time and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into crumb-lined tin and spread evenly.
- In a small bowl, microwave 100g of Hazella for about 10 seconds. Use this hazella to swirl patterns or lines on the cheesecake batter. Use chopsticks if that helps to swirl patterns. Tap the tin firmly on your counter to remove air pockets.
- Bake in the oven for about 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Remove from the fridge and leave 5-10 minutes. By firmly holding onto the parchment paper, lift out the cakes straight onto your chopping board. Slice and enjoy! Best served slighlty chilled.