Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, the Warehouse Assistant is responsible for the inspection, picking & packing and issuing of goods according to stated quantity in the DO/Invoices or pick lists.
Specifically, this role exists to:
• Responsible for the inspection, picking & packing and issuing of goods according to stated quantity in the Delivery Order/Note/Invoices or pick lists
• Responsible to ensure that goods picked are in good condition and prepared as per delivery requirements prior to issuing to delivery drivers
• Responsible to ensure that goods are correctly issued to the drivers according to DO/Invoices/Pick lists prior to delivery
• Responsible to rectify any discrepancy immediately during the handing over of goods to the delivery drivers to ensure correct goods and quantity are handover
• Responsible to report any damage or discrepancy to immediate supervisor even though the problem can be or is rectified
• Ensure the upkeep and cleanliness of the Warehouse area
• Any other duties as assigned by immediate superior.
The Warehouse Assistant is responsible to ensure that agreed expectations are established and achieved. Heads of Departments will use the evaluation instruments that are relevant to their departments for this evaluation.
In order to function well, this position requires:
• Min. GCE “N” Level and above. Preferably computer literate but not essential
• Min. 1 to 2 years experience as a Store Assistant / Store Keeper and those with experience with HACCP / ISO / MUIS certification will be an advantage but not essential
• Physically Fit
• Preferably possess Forklift license but not compulsory.
• Possess positive attitude and initiative.
• Ability to work well as a team
• Able to communicate and write simple English.