Singapore-based Phoon Huat Pte Ltd, founded in 1947, has grown into one of Singapore’s leading food suppliers. Specialising in manufacturing and supply of quality baking ingredients, tools and services for food services, consumer retail, artisan, and industrial bakeries.
Leveraging on a global network of partners, Phoon Huat brings in quality and best value ingredients from all corners of the globe. We offer one-stop consolidation services and provide solutions using new food concept innovations and have expanded our product range to include premium meats, seafood and gourmet fine foods. Phoon Huat connects ingredients and expertise to help ensure that the only limitation for Chefs and bakers is their own imagination.
Phoon Huat’s Head Quarters resides at Pandan Loop, Singapore, and spans across 25,000sqm housing office, warehousing, and ISO 22000 FSMS certified manufacturing and cold chain facilities. Six temperature zones ensure that all products remain in tip top condition. Additionally, our fleet of more than 25 integrated frozen, chilled and ambient trucks deliver products to our food service customers and 18 retail stores in Singapore.
Sustainable growth is our only acceptable business model. Our growth cannot come at the expense of people nor the environment. We strive to ensure that our products are sustainable at every stage of their life cycle. We work and collaborate closely with our suppliers, customers, academics, and other businesses to help us achieve this goal.
PHOON HUAT HISTORY
Honesty and reliability – these two traits have been the cornerstone of Phoon Huat’s success since its fledgling years as a small shop along Middle Road. Steeped in history and tradition, the company was established in 1947 by Wong Tai Fuang when he moved to Singapore from Hainan Island, China.
An entrepreneurial spirit enabled him to conceive of this business, but it was sheer hard work and a shrewd commercial sense that transformed his meagre 35 sqm shop into today’s business supplying baking ingredients. In the early days, Wong Tai Fuang made deliveries personally on his bicycle gaining trust from his customers and gradually developed the “honesty and reliability” business characteristics.
Today, the business is run by his descendants and professionals with the heart of the operations now situated at 231A Pandan Loop. The company will continue to meet the ever-changing needs of its many customers while staying true to its corporate philosophy.
- First shop in Middle Road, started by a Hainanese entrepreneur Wong Tai Fuang
- Launch & Registration of Redman brand
- Ventured into East & West Malaysia
- Phoon Huat @ Bencoolen shop opened – for B2B and production/warehouse/office
- Redman Brand is registered in Malaysia (first overseas market)
- RedMan Concentrate launch with Orange flavour
- Launch & Registration of GoldTree brand
- Launch of RedMan Rose Concentrate
- Factory set up in Blk 5 Upper Aljunied Road (drinks & flavourings)
- Ventured into Burma, Indonesia
- Launch of RedMan Double Action Baking Powder
- Consolidation of factory and warehouse at Genting Lane
- Ventured into Maldives, PNG
- Started Snow White Icing Sugar
- Developed a coloured flavoured emulsion — invented Emulco
- Phoon Huat @ Bencoolen shop opened – for retail
- Ventured into Hong Kong, UAE
- Crossed S$10m in annual revenue
- Factory at 37 Mactaggart Road, Phoon Huat Industrial Building
- Training facility for B2B support to train professional chefs
- Ventured into Shanghai
- Phoon Huat Middle East registered in UAE
- Phoon Huat @ Sims Lane shop opened
- Baking Studio started B2C hands-on and demo. B2B demo classes to professional chefs
- Launch of Phoon Huat corporate website
- Phoon Huat @ Ang Mo Kio, Clementi, Hougang & Simei shops opened
- Launched RedMan Konnyaku Jelly Powder
- B2C baking classes in AMK, Clementi and Hougang
- Headquarter Office set up at 231A Pandan Loop, Singapore. Trading & Logistics Depts moved to Pandan Loop
- Phoon Huat @ Holland Village shop opened
- Launched RedMan Bubbletea Series
- Ventured into supermarkets, invited by NTUC
- Launch & Registration of Bakeway brand
- Phoon Huat @ Toa Payoh shop opened
- Enterprise Resource Planning implemented
- Obtained the HACCP SS444 certification for MacTaggart factory
- Phoon Huat launched its first printed product catalogue
- Completion of Phase 1 expansion of 231A Pandan Loop. Factory moved to Pandan Loop
- Crossed S$50m in annual revenue
- Obtained the HACCP SS444 certification for Pandan Loop factory
- Phoon Huat @ Marsiling shop opened
- Completion of Phase 2 expansion of 231A Pandan Loop
- RedMan logo refresh
- Gold Tree logo refresh
- Further expansion of Pandan Loop HQ
- Phoon Huat @ Buona Vista and Bukit Merah shops opened
- Launch of PH Deli
- Completion of Phase 3 expansion for 231A Pandan Loop
- Launch of online sales — www.esales.phoonhuat.com
- Launch of Home Delivery Service
- Commenced trading under Phoon Huat Pte. Ltd. entity
- Crossed S$100m in annual revenue
- Launch of RedMan Baking Studio in Serangoon
- RedMan by Phoon Huat @ Serangoon shop opened
- Phoon Huat logo refresh
- Obtained Food Safety Management System – ISO 22000 certification for company-wide operations including production, processing, trading and retail.
- Ventured into Philippines
- RedMan by Phoon Huat @ The Star Vista shop opened
- Launch of RedManShop.com (for Baking Studio)
- Implemented SAP Enterprise Resource Planning
- RedMan by Phoon Huat @ The Heartbeat@Bedok shop opened
- Pandan Loop facility — fully halal-certified
- Implemented Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- RedMan products available on Marketplaces like Amazon, JD.com,
- Launch of RedManShop.com for eCommerce
- Launch of SoHale brand
- RedMan by Phoon Huat @ Bukit Panjang Plaza shop opened
- RedMan by Phoon Huat @ Westgate shop opened
- Implemented Material Requirements Planning (MRP)
- RedMan Rewards launched
- Expansion of retail network to 19 stores
- Acquisition of a majority stake in Le Petit Depot,
a French foods online retailer
REDMAN BRAND HISTORY
The RedMan brand has grown beyond it’s first product, the Rose Flavoured Concentrate, to an ever-growing range of products and is now synonymous with top quality baking ingredients in Singapore.
With over 15,000 products, the RedMan brand caters to novice bakers with easy-to-make premixes and professionals with various ingredients needed for their individual recipes. In recent years, four concept shops under RedMan by Phoon Huat have opened alongside the long standing Phoon Huat shops to offer our customers a wonderland for baking essentials.
Phoon Huat has acquired a majority stake in Le Petit Depot, a Singapore-based online retailer that specialises in French food products.
RedMan by Phoon Huat at The Seletar Mall is now opened. Find us at The Seletar Mall #03-01 today.